Thursday, September 3, 2009

Eating or Sleeping



I had not taken the spoon out of his little mouth when he started crying, wanting more mashed peaches.


While we were on outreach in Mexico City we got to minister to some street people.


A group of like 15 people were sniffing paint thinner while we were giving away sandwiches and while we were doing this we had no idea we were going to run into some babies. I had the opportunity to hold Raymundo who was the youngest, He had bronchitis, he was hungry and so tired. He started sucking the mayonnaise out of one of the sandwiches I had in my hand and at the same time he was falling asleep. WHAT A HARD DECISSION! Eating or sleeping.


I wanted to get him baby food but SURPRISE! I had forgotten my purse in the van which was like 15 minutes away, so I started asking the guys in my team if they had any money on them. Finally Efrain and I went to the store and by the time we bought the food, he had fallen asleep in my arms. But that all changed when I opened the jar of baby food and the smell of the peaches got into his nose.


HE ATE THE WHOLE JAR IN LESS THAN 2 MINUTES!!!


He had not had any food in like 30 hours! His 19 year old mom was too skinny that she could not even nurse him plus she had to feed the other 2 year old boy.


I wanted to keep Raymundo with me, I was so sad and mad and upset about the whole situation.


I wish we had helped them more than giving them only sandwiches. I think we did though. We prayed for them. We did our part and we let God do his part. I know that God is taking better care of Raymundo than I ever could.


Now I am back in Youth with a Mission Tijuana. I just started as a full time staff. Lets see what else God can do in my life! I can't wait for MORE OF GOD!


I have a lot more to share with you all, so wait for it!

end of this chapter.



2 comments:

  1. Great story hermanita! Thank you for sharing that.
    Love you! Sista

    ReplyDelete
  2. que bonitaaaaa como te llamas?
    ya sabia esta historia pero gracias al traductor de google pude reirme otra vez :3

    te amo mucho manita :*
    que bonito escribes

    n.n

    deb

    ReplyDelete